1. The dogs haven't been interested in digging in the garden, they were trying to clue my husband and I in to the fact something was paying us a visit.
2. Skunks like green tomatoes. And leaving scat on our driveway.
3. Skunks don't seem to like cayenne pepper, so the internet didn't lie to me.
4. I need more cayenne pepper.
5. My garden is otherwise doing fine:
6. Turkey bacon is not that bad. I can dig it.
In fact, turkey bacon, on a salad, topped off with cucumbers from the garden and this blue cheese dressing is also something I can dig. I am unfortunately not eating this dressing right now as I have no blue cheese in the house.
My mother in law did make this for our celebration on the 4th.
It's a fantastic, basic recipe. I've made a low fat version, my mother law made it full fat and both were equally good...just get good cheese.
Blue Cheese Dressing (or Dip)
Adapted from Epicurious.com
1/2 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat works well)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (greek is best, sour cream is a good choice to use this as a dip)
1/4 cup water
Hot pepper sauce to taste (I know I used about 1/2 teaspoon when I made it.)
Salt and pepper to taste
Blend half of the blue cheese, mayo, and yogurt or sour cream in processor or in bowl with immersion blender. Add 1/4 cup water and hot pepper sauce; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in remaining blue cheese and serve. You can also completely blend the dressing smooth if you prefer as I do.
Oh, so good on potato chips!