Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Dayquil, it does nothing.

I've got some..thing. Viral and cruddy. I made it through work yesterday, wasn't able to make it farther than the couch today. The Dayquil I've taken isn't doing much, but between that and Rupaul's Drag Race I think I will survive.
Especially since I still have a few sliders in the fridge.

Growing up on the out west, we didn't have White Castle. I think I had them once or twice, out of the freezer, nuked. Probably not the best way to eat them.

The good thing about them is they were small, little hamburgers. I love small, little hamburgers. And now I know the secret. Dried onion, seasoned salt, and a hot oven. Add some ground beef or turkey, toppings and small rolls and you've got a meal.

What makes these even better is how easy they are. No forming and cooking individual patties, so they are great to make for a group as well.

Sliders


Borrowed liberally from Noble Pig via Big Red Kitchen


Ground chuck (80/20) of Ground turkey (93/7) 2 pounds for a 9 x 13 pan, 2-1/2 pounds for a 10 x 15 pan
Dried, minced onion
Seasoning salt
Sliced Cheese
Sliced pickles (dill or bread and butter, I prefer B&B)
Dinner rolls, any brand (Hawaiian sweet rolls are awesome)

Liberally sprinkle dried minced onion on the bottom of a 9 x 13 or 10 x 15 pan.

Press ground meat into pan, on top of onions until it completely covers the bottom. Liberally sprinkle the meat with seasoning salt.

Place in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until done. The meat will shrink in the oven.  Once cooked, remove and cover with slices of cheese.  Place meat back in the oven for two minutes until the cheese is melted.

With a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the meat into as many square pieces as you have rolls.

Serve on dinner rolls with desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment