Tuesday, August 3, 2010

An ode to goat cheese.

I love goat cheese. Creamy, delicious, goes well in sweet or savory dishes, it is just all around good stuff.

I also love quesadillas. Comes from living in a border city, I suppose. Cheese stuffed in a tortilla and cooked until melty and crispy? Yes please!

And even though I am technically dieting, you can only have my cheese when you take it from my cold, dead hands. It is one thing I refuse to give up.

Enter my internet friend Danielle, (by the way, happy birthday again!). She too loves quesadillas. And through her comes this wondrously easy technique for goat cheese quesadillas.


No exact measurements are really needed, but I will pass mine along. Your main ingredients include the previously mentioned goat cheese and corn. Preferably corn roasted on the grill.

Combine, spread on tortilla, and cook until crispy in a hot skillet. Couldn't be easier.


Danielle's Quesdillas

3-5 ounces goat cheese (I went more cheesy last night)

2 ears roasted corn, cut from the cob.

2 green onions, chopped

1 bell pepper, your color choice

1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped

Salt and pepper to taste

2 large tortillas (I used Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas)

Combine all ingredients except tortillas in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Spread on one tortilla, top with the other and cook in an ungreased skillet over medium heat until brown on each side and warmed through.

Share with a friend and have some salad on the side. Wine is great too, we had Silvan Ridge's Dry Riesling.

We found it gave us energy for this:


We are finally painting and organizing our master bedroom. Once I have more of the details to share, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment