Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday morning pancakes

I've taken a bye week from Weight Watchers this week. My middle of the week was the suck and cookies and donut at work got me, so I decided to skip a weigh in and points counting this week. Which meant a Frosty at lunch today. It also meant pancakes for breakfast.

I had blueberries in the fridge which obviously necessitated making blueberry pancakes.

The internet gave me a recipe that I tinkered with to work with what I had in the fridge.


I truly, deeply adore breakfast. I don't know if it comes from working nights myself now or growing up with a mother that worked nights and often made breakfast for dinner, but I can eat breakfast ANY time of day or night.


Especially sweet stuff and especially pancakes. I do love them something fierce. Enough to try and make a Weight Watchers low point pancakes last weekend, it doesn't quite meet my standards yet.


These were excellent pancakes however. With bacon and warm maple syrup, I was in breakfast heaven.


I mean really, yum.



Blueberry Pancakes
Adapted from Epicurious

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl. Whisk together eggs, yogurt, milk, butter nad vanilla and add to dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in blueberries.

Drop by 1/3 cup full onto greased griddle pan over medium heat, cook until brown on both sides, approximately 3-4 minutes. Serve hot with warm syrup and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment